Albertans are innovative. While the ESB Program offers over 60 technologies (ESB’s Eligible Measure List), the efficiency world is always evolving, improving, and coming up with new ideas and products. ETP offers a new pathway for Alberta businesses to propose effective, commercially viable technologies not currently supported through ESB, that could offer high return on investment. Successful proposals will receive funding to support project implementation and will help expand ERA’s understanding of the technology’s performance, market potential, and how it could be best supported in future initiatives.
Submit an Expression of Interest by May 1, 2023 at 5 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (UTC-7h). We are eager to learn:
- How the technologies reduce emissions and costs
- How they can be applied to other facilities.
If your Expression of Interest is approved by ERA, submit your Full Project Proposal by June 15, 2023 at 5 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (UTC – 7h)
Project limit: $250,000
Parent company limit: $1,000,000
STEPS TO APPLY:
1. Get prepared
- Read the Guidelines and download the Expression of Interest. The Guidelines provide helpful tips and the evaluation criteria and Full Project Proposal contain the instructions.
2. Register on ERIMS
- Proposals will be submitted through ERA’s ERIMS Platform. Click on “Register” in the top right-hand corner and fill out your name, email address, and verification code. Review the Online Submission Help Guide for more information.
3. Submit your Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Our Application Assist team is here to walk you the EOI if you need help or have questions.
4. EOI review
- A team of internal and third-party experts will review the EOI for eligibility and evaluate according to the criteria stated in the Guidelines.
5. Preliminary determination
- You will receive an email indicating the status of your proposal. If approved, you will receive a request to provide a Full Project Proposal. FPP’s are due 30 days after EOI approval, please contact us if you require an extension.
6. Submit your Full Project Proposal (FPP)
- Proposals will be submitted through ERA’s ERIMS Platform. Our Application Assist team is here to help if you have questions.
7. FPP Review
- A committee of three to four internal and third-party experts will review the FPP and evaluate according to the criteria stated in the Guidelines.
8. FPP Decision
- Once the FPP has been evaluated, you will receive either a notice with a Contribution Agreement or decision letter explaining why the project was not selected for funding.
9. Construction and post-project application
- Following your fully executed Contribution Agreement and approval notice, all projects must be completed and operational by September 30, 2023.
10. Payment and project verification
- Post-project documentation will be submitted and approved by ERA. All projects will also require either a virtual or in-person site visit as part of the review and verification process. The site visit process is also described in the Guidelines. Once verified, payment will be initiated and completed.
WHERE TO GO FOR QUESTIONS OR SUPPORT
Still can’t find what you’re looking for? Our dedicated contact centre is open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Our team will work hard to get back to you within two business days. We’re happy to help you with any questions about the program or how to apply. Please let our team know that you are applying for the Expanded Technologies Pilot and as for the Application Assist team for help.
Email: ETP@esbprogram.ca | Toll-free: 844-407-0025
Local (403) number: 403-778-9467
Local (780) number: 780-306-8376
Local (587) number: 587-943-1688