CES Total Incentives Requested
Through additional financial incentives for participants bundling efficiency measures and new technology types, the Comprehensive Energy Savings (CES) stream supports facilities that are aiming to achieve deeper emissions reductions and energy savings. Participants that bundle smaller capital investments into a bigger investment package will benefit from increased incentives and greater long-term results, such as increased emissions reductions and decreased operating costs. The financial incentives from the CES stream for retrofits and upgrades will help offset a portion of the capital costs while driving Alberta to net zero greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions targets.
The objectives of the stream are to:
- Support comprehensive retrofits and upgrades that reduce GHG emissions and energy usage.
- Reduce facility operating costs, maintenance requirements and your environmental footprint.
- Increase the value and efficiency of your building while creating a comfortable space for your occupants.
The CES application window closed on March 15, 2023.
Participants must retrofit or upgrade measures from at least two of the eight CES core categories listed below. For clarity, the 14 existing core categories in the ESB Measures List are aggregated into the 8 CES core categories.
On-site Generation and Renewables
Space, Process, and Water Heating
Cooling and Ventilation
Refrigeration and Food Services
Motors and Drives
Building Envelope and Windows
Facilities serviced by an Alberta electric utility are eligible, except for residences, some non-profits and new construction projects, municipally, federal and provincially owned buildings, publicly funded institutions and Large Emitters —as defined under Alberta’s TIER regulation. Additional facility and participant eligibility requirements are detailed in the Participant Terms and Conditions.
On January 11, 2023, Emissions Reduction Alberta held an hour-long, online information session for ERA’s new Comprehensive Energy Savings funding stream, the latest offering from the Energy Savings for Business Program. Watch the webinar to learn more about this exciting opportunity. An overview was provided of the opportunity, including scope and eligibility of the call, technology bundling requirements, the submission process, and more. Participants also had the chance to ask specific questions to help prepare an application.
- The CES stream opened for applications on January 4, 2023. Please sign up for our newsletter to receive updates.
- All projects must be complete and submit post-project documents by March 31, 2024.
Steps to Apply:
- Get prepared – Read the program documents for instructions and helpful tips.
- Participant Terms and Conditions
- Contractor Code of Conduct (for contractors interested in participating in CES)
- CES Eligible Measures List
- Application Guide
- Building Envelope and Windows Application Checklist
- Compressed Air Application Checklist
- Cooling and Ventilation Application Checklist
- Lighting Application Checklist
- Motors and Drives Application Checklist
- On-Site Generation and Renewables Application Checklist
- Refrigeration and Food Services Measure Checklist
- Space Process and Water Heating Application Checklist
- Register on the program portal
- Attend the CES Webinar on January 11
- Submit your application for review (starting January 4, 2023)
- Complete your project after receiving pre-project approval
- Submit your post-project application for review
- Submit your payment information
- Get your incentive paid via EFT
WHERE TO GO FOR QUESTIONS OR SUPPORT
Still can’t find what you’re looking for? Our dedicated Contact Centre is open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Our team will work hard to get back to you within two business days. We’re happy to help you with any questions about the program or how to apply. Please let our team know that you are applying for the Comprehensive Energy Savings Stream and ask for the Application Assist team for help.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Toll-free: 844-407-0025
Local (403) number: 403-778-9467
Local (780) number: 780-306-8376
Local (587) number: 587-943-1688
LOOKING FOR A DIFFERENT FUNDING OPPORTUNITY?
Eligible Alberta businesses can reduce emissions, decrease operating costs, grow their operations and become more competitive, while creating skilled jobs and boosting economic recovery.
Email: email@example.com | Toll-free: 844-407-0025
This pilot program offers a new pathway for Alberta businesses to propose effective, commercially viable technologies with a high return on investments not currently supported through the Energy Savings for Business Program.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Toll-free: 844-407-0025