The Energy Savings for Business Program will help eligible Alberta businesses reduce emissions, decrease operating costs, grow their operations and become more competitive, while creating skilled jobs and boosting economic recovery.
Recognizing that time is money to Alberta’s businesses, the program will offer streamlined applications, quick turnaround times, expanded technology lists and clear, timely, comprehensive information. ESB will give businesses fast access to incentives for cost-effective efficiency measures:
- Up to $250,000 is available per project
- Up to $1 million per parent company is available to cover the cost of products and services.
- Minimum incentive amount of $500 *NEW
The readymade menu of incentives will save companies time and money in developing their projects.
We are pleased to share that the project completion deadline for the Energy Savings for Business program has been extended until September 30, 2023. The deadline to submit an application for pre-approval is June 30, 2023
As a reminder, all new applications will receive a default completion deadline of six months. Larger and more complex projects may request an extension until September 30, 2023. Longer project completion timelines will be considered on a case-by-case basis for new applications. For any pre-approved projects, we will consider short extensions on a case-by-case basis if you need more time.
If you require an extension to complete your project, you will need to submit a Change Request to ERA for approval. Any approved deadline extensions will also be clearly shown on the application approval form. Please see the Program Guidebook (Section 5) or the Change Request Instructions for more information.
PRODUCTS ELIGIBLE FOR INCENTIVES:
A wide range of cost-effective high efficiency products and onsite energy generation technologies are eligible for incentives through this program:
- Compressed air measures
- Process heating
- Food service equipment
- Motors and drives
- Water heating
- Combined heat and power (CHP)
- Lighting systems
- Building envelope and windows
- Agricultural lighting
- Waste energy recovery
- Solar air heating
BUSINESSES ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE:
The program is designed to support the more than 160,000 small- and medium-scale enterprises in Alberta. All business and non-profits serviced by an Alberta electric utility are eligible, except for residences, some new construction projects, municipally, federal and provincially owned buildings, publicly funded institutions and Large Emitters —as defined under Alberta’s TIER regulation. If you are a TIER regulated company, but some of your facilities don’t fall under the regulations, like your head office, they may be eligible for incentives.
- Individual businesses
- Non-profit organizations
- Private schools not eligible for government funding
- The common spaces and equipment in multi-unit residential buildings
- Farms registered as a business.
For projects to be eligible, they must occur at facilities located within Alberta, meet project timeline requirements and follow the criteria outlined in the Participant Terms and Conditions.
Download the ESB Brochure and share with your clients or organization.
- Application Process Overview
- Solar PV Checklist
- Lighting Systems Application Checklist
- Lighting Controls Application Checklist
- Motors and Drives Application Checklist
- HVAC Application Checklist
- Compressed Air Application Checklist
- Refrigeration Application Checklist
- Building Envelope and Windows Checklist
- Food Service Equipment Checklist
- Process Heating Checklist
- Water Heating Checklist
- Waste Energy Recovery Checklist
- Combined Heat and Power (CHP) Checklist
- Ground Source Heat Pump (GSHP) Checklist
WHERE TO GO FOR QUESTIONS OR SUPPORT
Our resources page has videos, checklists and any program information you might need.
Still can’t find what you’re looking for? Our dedicated contact centre is open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Our team will work hard to get back to you within two business days. We’re happy to help you with any questions about the program or how to apply.
Email: email@example.com | Toll-free: 844-407-0025
Local (403) number: 403-778-9467
Local (780) number: 780-306-8376
Local (587) number: 587-943-1688