Technology Intake Analyst
About ERA: A part of Alberta’s Climate and Innovation History
Emissions Reduction Alberta (ERA) was established to accelerate the development of innovative technologies that reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and secure Alberta’s success in a lower carbon economy. ERA delivers its mandate by investing revenues from the carbon price paid by large emitters in Alberta into innovative technologies that reduce greenhouse gas emissions and increase economic competitiveness.
ERA is a key partner of the Government of Alberta in addressing climate innovation priorities, and actively engages with industry and other organizations to identify opportunities to accelerate technology scale up and demonstration where there is an identified market need.
More information about ERA’s mandate, vision, and strategic priorities can be found at https://eralberta.ca/about-era/
About This Opportunity
ERA is seeking a Technology Intake Analyst. Reporting to ERA’s Chief Innovation Officer, this role will work closely with ERA’s technology innovation team, GHG quantification team, external collaborators, and others to support the delivery of ERA’s continuous intake and evaluation processes. This role will be directly involved with demonstration of innovative technology that will help the province of Alberta to achieve long-term climate change goals and maintain competitiveness in the future global economy.
To be effective in this role, the incumbent must:
- Be passionate about GHG reductions and have an interest in directly contributing to technological advancement for the long-term competitiveness of Alberta’s industries and economy.
- Have familiarity with GHG reduction technology and innovation relevant to Alberta, particularly for the industrial sector.
- Enjoy building productive relationships and working with a broad cross-section of innovators, technology developers, industrial operators, and other stakeholders in Alberta’s innovation ecosystem.
- Be highly organized, possessing strong project management, time management, technical communication, and analytical skills.
Intake Program Delivery
- Support the delivery of ERA’s continuous intake programming, including the Partnership Intake Program and others
- Coordinate and participate in project proposal evaluation activities
- Maintain ERA’s database of external expert reviewers
- Coordinate with external expert reviewers for participation in ERA’s evaluation process
- Interact with funding applicants during ERA’s application process
- Provide feedback to applicants not selected for funding
- Keep ERA’s senior management team updated and informed about the activities of the continuous intake programs and status of applications going through the programs
Partnerships and Strategy
- Develop effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including ERA project advisors, expert reviewers, trusted funding partners, and others
- Work closely across ERA to support the development of new trusted partnerships
- Maintain active and ongoing conversations with ERA’s trusted funding partners
- Engage with technology developers and innovators to explore and understand opportunities for technology advancement
- Work with government departments, industry, innovators, and other stakeholders to identify technology gaps and opportunities
- Provide input to the ongoing development of ERA’s technology roadmap and portfolio of projects, ensuring alignment with Government of Alberta strategic plans
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, or Business
- 3 years of experience working in innovation, climate change, or a related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of scientific, engineering, business, and project management principles
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with attention to detail that reflects ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks, competing agendas and heavy client demands
- Familiarity with provincial, national, and global climate change policies and programs
- Familiarity with GHG innovation opportunities and key players in Alberta’s GHG reduction efforts
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, senior leaders and external partners
- Ability to facilitate and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Flexible and adaptable to a dynamic and changing environment
- Systems thinking and management skills to analyze complex issues and identify options or courses of action to address these issues
- Proven analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong proficiency with the Microsoft Office product suite
- Research, writing and editing skills
- Ability to travel as required
Compensation and Location
ERA offers competitive compensation in addition to opportunities for personal and professional achievement. The base salary for this position is between $72,000 and $85,000 depending on experience, plus benefits. This role will be located at either ERA’s Edmonton or Calgary office.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
In addition to the above skills and experience, Emissions Reduction Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce and Board. Applications from all qualified persons are welcome and we encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientations or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Emissions Reduction Alberta at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than close of business on February 24, 2023.