About ERA: A part of Alberta’s Climate and Innovation History
Emissions Reduction Alberta (ERA) was established to accelerate the development of innovative technologies that reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and secure Alberta’s success in a lower carbon economy. ERA delivers its mandate by investing revenues from the carbon price paid by large emitters in Alberta into innovative technologies that reduce greenhouse gas emissions and increase economic competitiveness.
ERA is a key partner of the Government of Alberta in addressing climate innovation priorities, and actively engages with industry and other organizations to identify opportunities to accelerate technology scale up and demonstration where there is an identified market need.
More information about ERA’s mandate, vision, and strategic priorities can be found at https://eralberta.ca/about-era/
About this Opportunity
ERA is seeking a Portfolio Analyst. Reporting to ERA’s Portfolio Management Lead, this role will work closely with ERA’s Portfolio Management team and others to support the delivery of ERA’s mandate to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. If you are highly organized, excel at juggling multiple priorities at once, and can bring new ideas to the table we want to hear from you!
To be effective in this role the incumbent must:
- Be passionate about innovation, climate change policy and have an interest in directly contributing to the mandate of ERA.
- Be highly organized, possessing strong project management, time management, technical communication, and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to interact effectively with individuals from various organization types.
Roles and Responsibilities
Energy Savings for Business Program:
- Support the Program Manager to ensure projects are delivered within scope, schedule, and budget;
- Support program verification processes, including monthly data submitted by the implementation contractor, monthly reports, program budget tracking and forecasting, and participant uptake and engagement;
- Support the Program Manager with the tracking and reporting of key program metrics and organizing and managing program data including data and trend analysis, internal data requests, reporting, and recommendations;
- Review all invoices for accuracy, adequate rationale or supporting information provided, and completeness (initial review);
- Support on customer and contractor inquiries (e.g., first point of contact then raises to Program Manager if required);
- Draft program-related briefing notes, memos, decision notes, presentations, reports, and other documents as required;
- Manage the contact centre to ensure good customer service is provided to participants and contractors by reviewing conversations, determining frequently asked questions, and composing messaging to provide externally;
- Present key program messaging at events and in webinars, attend events and engage with external stakeholders to promote ERA and the program streams;
- Work with funding recipients to develop project work plans, milestone schedules, and key performance metrics and monitor achievement, performance, and outcomes throughout the course of projects.
- Work with Project Advisors to track the delivery of all milestone and final deliverables and assist with invoice approvals;
- Develop portfolio management dashboard to track project progress and provide timely updates to key stakeholders;
- Maintain and continuously improve policies, processes, guidance documents and templates related to project management.
- Work with Contracts Manager to assist with and continuously improve the portfolio management information management system.
- Prepare briefings for the ERA Executive Team as needed to address critical project issues and process improvement areas.
- Support the delivery of calls for proposals through notetaking, reviewing and adjudicating proposals, facilitating meetings, and supporting external stakeholders with coaching, feedback and debriefs.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in innovation, climate change, or a related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of scientific, engineering, business, data analytics and project management principles.
- Ability to facilitate and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Flexible and adaptable to a dynamic and changing environment.
- Systems thinking and management skills to analyze complex issues and identify options or courses of action to address these issues.
- Proven analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong proficiency with the Microsoft Office product suite.
- The ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
Full Time position to start immediately.
In addition to the above skills and experience, Emissions Reduction Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce and Board. Applications from all qualified persons are welcome and we encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientations or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas to apply.
Compensation and Location
ERA offers a competitive salary and benefits package in addition to opportunities for personal and professional achievement. The Base salary for this position is between $72,500 to $90,000 depending on experience, in addition to a comprehensive benefits package. This position can be located at ERA’s Edmonton or Calgary office.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Emissions Reduction Alberta at email@example.com no later than close of business on February 24, 2023.