About ERA: A part of Alberta’s Climate and Innovation History
Emissions Reduction Alberta (ERA) was established to accelerate the development of innovative technologies that reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and secure Alberta’s success in a lower carbon economy. ERA delivers its mandate by investing revenues from the carbon price paid by large emitters in Alberta into innovative technologies that reduce GHG emissions and increase economic competitiveness.
ERA is a key partner of the Government of Alberta in addressing climate innovation priorities, and actively engages with industry and other organizations to identify opportunities to accelerate technology scale up and demonstration where there is an identified market need.
More information about ERA’s mandate, vision, and strategic priorities can be found at https://eralberta.ca/about-era/
About this Opportunity
Emissions Reduction Alberta is seeking a qualified Accounting Technician to join our finance team.
This role requires a high level of attention to detail to make sure our payments are made in an accurate and timely manner and our financial records are complete. It is a perfect opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and wants to further their career in a growing company. If you are highly organized, excel at juggling multiple priorities at once, and can bring new ideas to the table we want to hear from you!
The Accounting Technician reports directly to the Finance Manager.
Full cycle accounts payable:
- Process invoices and expense reports in accordance with existing policies and procedures;
- Prepare necessary supporting report packages for project grant recipients to facilitate approval process;
- Calculate and verify invoices are in line with supplier or project contracts;
- Engage with external and internal parties to rectify discrepancies in the report packages and promote the organization’s core values through prompt payment and excellent communication skills;
- Ensure invoices have received required approvals before issuing payment in accordance with existing policies and procedures;
- Ensure timely and accurate payments to suppliers and project funding recipients;
- Maintain contact details and banking information in ERA’s accounting software (XERO) and banking portal;
- Prepare payment packages in banking portal;
- Post entries and reconcile accounts in XERO for A/P invoices and payments;
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with ERA policies;
- Maintain the Finance email inbox through responding to internal and external Accounts Payable inquiries;
Month-end close and reporting:
- Prepare routine month-end journal entries including prepaid amortization, grant revenue recognition, project expense accruals;
- Prepare supporting documentation and schedules for the above;
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations;
- Preparation of accounting to project monitoring system reconciliations;
- Maintain ongoing cash flow forecasts.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2-3 years of experience in AP, bookkeeping or finance role
- Proficient experience with Xero or a similar Cloud Accounting software (i.e. QBO), Excel, MS Office Suite (Word)
- High level of integrity
- Attentive to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Full time position, available to start immediately.
In addition to the above skills and experience, Emissions Reduction Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce and Board. Applications from all qualified persons are welcome and we encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientations or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas to apply.
Compensation and Location
ERA offers a competitive salary and benefits package in addition to opportunities for personal and professional achievement. The Base salary for this position is between $65,000 and $75,000 depending on experience, in addition to a comprehensive benefits package. This position can be located at ERA’s Edmonton or Calgary office.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Emissions Reduction Alberta at email@example.com no later than close of business on February 24, 2023.