Accounting Clerk | Emissions Reduction Alberta (ERA)
About ERA: A part of Alberta’s Climate and Innovation History
Emissions Reduction Alberta (ERA) was established to accelerate the development of innovative technologies that reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and secures Alberta’s success in a lower carbon economy. ERA delivers its mandate by investing revenues from the carbon price paid by large emitters in Alberta into innovative technologies that reduce GHG emissions and increase economic competitiveness.
ERA is a key partner of the Government of Alberta in addressing climate innovation priorities, and actively engages with industry and other organizations to identify opportunities to accelerate technology scale up and demonstration where there is an identified market need.
More information about ERA’s mandate, vision, and strategic priorities can be found at https://eralberta.ca/about-era/
About this Opportunity
Emissions Reduction Alberta is seeking a qualified Accounting Clerk to join our finance team
This role requires a high level of attention to detail to make sure our payments are made in an accurate and timely manner and our financial records are complete. This opportunity is for someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. If you are highly organized and excel at juggling multiple priorities at once, we want to hear from you!
The Accounting Clerk reports directly to the Finance Manager.
- Process invoices and expense reports in accordance with existing policies and procedures;
- Calculate and verify invoices are in line with supplier or project contracts;
- Maintain contact details and banking information in ERA’s accounting software (XERO), and banking platform;
- Assist with the preparation of the Electronic Funds Transfer package for review.
Month-end close and reporting
- Pull reports to assist in the completion of month-end documentation;
- Prepare credit card reconciliations;
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assist the finance team and other departments with finance related inquiries;
- Maintain the finance email inbox through responding to internal and external inquiries;
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with ERA policies.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 1-2 years of experience in accounts payable, bookkeeping or finance role and/or an Accounting Diploma
- Proficient experience with Xero or a similar Cloud Accounting software (i.e. QBO), Excel, MS Office Suite (Word)
- High level of integrity
- Attentive to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Full-time position, available to start immediately.
In addition to the above skills and experience, Emissions Reduction Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce and Board. Applications from all qualified persons are welcome and we encourage First Nations, Métis and Inuit; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientations or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas to apply.
Compensation and Location
ERA offers a competitive salary and benefits package in addition to opportunities for personal and professional achievement. The Base salary for this position is between $55,000 and $65,000 depending on experience and qualifications, in addition to a comprehensive benefits package. This position can be located at ERA’s Edmonton or Calgary office.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Emissions Reduction Alberta at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than close of business on October 31st, 2023.