Climate Change and Emissions Management Corporation announcing finalists for first round of $35 million international Grand Challenge to identify Innovative Carbon Uses
April 9th, 2014
EDMONTON – The Climate Change and Emissions Management Corporation is hosting a media conference in Edmonton on April 15, to announce the finalists of the first round of the CCEMC Grand Challenge: Innovative Carbon Uses. The media conference is the kick off to Zero 2014: A Conference for a Low Carbon Future.
When: April 15, 1:30-3 p.m. Mountain Time
Where: Riverview Room, Shaw Conference Centre, Edmonton
- The Honourable Robin Campbell, Minister of Environment and Sustainable Resource Development
- Eric Newell, Chair CCEMC
- Paul Clark, Chair of the CCEMC Grand Challenge Steering Committee
- Peter Ohm, Branch Manager, Urban Planning & Environment, City of Edmonton
- Grand Challenge Finalists
The CCEMC Grand Challenge is an innovative approach to identify the best ideas in the world to transform carbon dioxide into useful products. It is the first international grand challenge to be initiated by an organization in Alberta. The successful projects could have a global impact on efforts to reduce GHG emissions around the world. The second round of the CCEMC Grand Challenge: Innovative Carbon Uses opens for submissions in2015.
The first round drew global interest and finalists were selected from 344 submissions from 37 countries on six continents. Each finalist will receive $500,000 and access to a support team.
Note to editors:
- Media conference will be live streamed to http://ccemc.ca/livestream/
- News release will be distributed via Marketwired and posted on ccemc.ca/news at 1:30 p.m. MDT on April 15.
- News release and background on each project will be available at 1:30 p.m. on http://ccemc.ca/news/.
- Media on site will be provided with a USB drive that includes the news release, background and images linked to each of the projects.
- Media passes are available for Zero 2014. To have your name included on the list email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information or to arrange a media pass contact:
Emissions Reduction Alberta