Strategic Business Support- Summer Term
About ERA: A part of Alberta’s Climate and Innovation History
Emissions Reduction Alberta (ERA) was established to accelerate the development of innovative technologies that reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and secure Alberta’s success in a lower carbon economy. ERA delivers its mandate by investing revenues from the carbon price paid by large emitters in Alberta into innovative technologies that reduce GHG emissions and increase economic competitiveness.
ERA is a key partner of the Government of Alberta in addressing climate innovation priorities, and actively engages with industry and other organizations to identify opportunities to accelerate technology scale up and demonstration where there is an identified market need.
More information about ERA’s mandate, vision, and strategic priorities can be found at https://eralberta.ca/about-era/
About this Opportunity
Emissions Reduction Alberta is seeking a qualified Strategic Business Support person for a Sumer term.
To be effective in this strategic business support role, the candidate must have the following skill set:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to interact effectively with individuals from various organization types.
- Excellent organizational, project management, writing, research, and presentation skills.
- Ability to articulate research findings in a written report, and/or map, and/or illustration that will be shared with a variety of ERA stakeholders.
- Comfortable hosting internal engagement sessions (scheduling, agenda development).
- The ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Commitment to completing tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- An eagerness to learn about Alberta’s industries and their goals to achieve net zero. An ideal candidate should demonstrate some knowledge of climate issues, and technology innovation in Alberta.
Funding & Partnership Ecosystem Mapping
There are several key players in the innovation funding ecosystem, and a number of industries working to develop greenhouse gas emission-reducing technologies. What doesn’t exist is a “map” that highlights the interconnectivity of these organizations (industry, academia, government, etc.). We will need your help to:
- Develop project timeline and scope of work.
- Using various resources (internal documents, interviews, web searches), develop a funding and partnerships ecosystem map.
- Develop a final document (format/media to be determined based on recommendations) with the support of the communications team (if required).
The Maximizing Cleantech Funding Potential workshop is a semi-annual event that has been hosted in 2018, 2020 and 2022. This year, we may re-envision this event. We will need your help to:
- Develop an event/engagement plan and proposal for what this should look like for 2023.
- Brief ERA’s communication team on the proposed engagement format.
- Support the communication team where necessary.
Strategic Business Support
There is a variety of ad hoc support required for the Strategy, Planning and Engagement team, including, but not limited to:
- Arranging internal lunch and learns for July, August, and September.
- Support the development of partner communication.
In addition to the above skills and experience, Emissions Reduction Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce and Board. Applications from all qualified persons are welcome and we encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientations or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas to apply.
Compensation and Location
Pay Range $19-$23/ hour, dependent on skill set
Time Commitment: 25-36 hours/ week
This position can be located at ERA’s Edmonton or Calgary office.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Emissions Reduction Alberta at email@example.com no later than close of business on February 24, 2023.