NRCan Funding Available
The Natural Resources Canada Clean Growth Program has funding available to advance pre-commercial technology, including up to first commercial installations, in Canada’s energy, mining and forestry sectors. With $115 million available, the deadline for Letters of Intent is February 7, 2018, 12:00 p.m. EST.
The federal program will support pre-commercial technologies between Technology Readiness Levels of 3-9.
Projects must include financial or in-kind contributions from provinces or territories, however, applicants are not required to have secured this co-funding at the Letter of Interest stage. There is no minimum amount of funding or leverage required.
Focus areas include:
- Reducing greenhouse gas and air emissions from natural resource operations;
- Minimizing landscape disturbances and improving waste management in natural resource operations;
- The production and use of advanced materials and bioproducts in natural resource operations;
- Efficient energy use and productivity in natural resource operations; and
- Reducing water use and impacts on aquatic ecosystems from natural resource operations.